"People need to learn the natural positions of the body for optimum health," says Dennis Downing, Future Industrial Technologies' (F.I.T.) president. "Then they can correctly use the wonderful technology that Herman Miller dealers provide to them."
Here are some good reasons to think about calling SOF to schedule an F.I.T. seminar:
1. Because it makes sense. With F.I.T., the emphasis is not on the physical environment but on preventing and relieving physical stress through proper body management. Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are among the most expensive and most debilitating injuries to office workers.
2. Because it's good for you. Boeing realized a 41% decrease in back injuries as a result of the F.I.T. program. The Los Angeles County Assessor's Office realized an 89% drop in office-related injuries. Results show significant savings and return on investment.
3. Because it reaches the people doing the work. BIONOMICS teaches employees how to protect their health. The program helps office workers understand how over time fatigue can lead to discomfort, which can lead to pain, which can lead to injury. The F.I.T. approach gives people the tools they need to protect themselves from injury.
4. Because it'll give you a competitive edge. Companies who have a reputation for caring about their employees attract and retain talent.
5. Because you'll be surprised at what you learn. Why is keeping your wrists straight important? What are some simple exercises to do throughout the day that can relax your muscles and help prevent injuries?
6. Because it's effective. Proven results: increased productivity, reduced time off the job, and better utilization of corporate assets. Customers have seen dramatic decreases in on-the-job injuries as a result of their training programs.
7. Because F.I.T. comes to you. With over 1,100 trainers in North America (with backgrounds in physical therapy, occupational therapy, chiropractic, and nursing) most trainers are local.
8. Because it's fun. F.I.T. tosses out old methods of training - slides, videos, lectures - and provides a fun, interactive approach to learning by using obstacle courses, interactive discussions, and ideas for improving personal work areas.
9. Because it'll make you feel good that you are protecting your most valuable assets: your people.